We are looking for a skilled and energetic software engineer who loves the challenge of working on a fast-paced team. We process tens of millions of records from a multitude of sources daily, and we build predictive models on multi-billion record data sets.
We design and develop with AWS services and open sources big data technologies, including but not limited to: CloudFormation, Kinesis, Lambda, Aurora, Docker, Spark, Mesos, and Scala.
The person in this role will be expected to:
- contribute to the design of Canopy Labs’ technical infrastructure
- write code, with a focus on distributed data storage and analysis
- focus on quality, including performing code reviews and writing unit tests
- translate user requirements into technical requirements
- 3+ years in software development roles.
- 1+ years industry experience with Python.
- Comfort working with databases.
- Experience developing a hosted SaaS application.
- Experience in agile software development.
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- 1+ years professional experience with Node.js.
- 1+ years professional experience with Scala.
- 1+ years experience developing code that interacts with AWS services.
- Experience with ETL and data pipelines.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (ideally MongoDB).
- Experience with distributed systems (ideally on Hadoop or Spark).
Canopy Labs is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
To apply: Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.